And God answered me and said, Write the vision, and make it plain on the tablets, that he who reads it may run.
For the vision is still for an appointed time, but it speaks to the end, and it does not lie. Though it lingers, wait for it; because it will surely come. It will not tarry……….Hab 2:2-3
If you want something, you must first decide what it is you really want. I think we can all agree on that. Only people with a clear vision and a plan of their goals will achieve them. This has been tried and tested down through the years with many books written about this particular subject. Once you have decided exactly what you want, the how to do it will show up.
Jesus knew the following, Named it & Declared it:
- His purpose & mission: For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- 2. The Product He was offering: I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- He knew where he needed to go: He left Judea and went away again into Galilee
- He knew that those who were successful had a plan: For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he may have enough to finish it;
So what is your vision for 2011? What is your plan? What have you decided on? What are your goals & dreams?
If you have not put aside some time to make your plan, then why not do it now.
A simple exercise to help you:
- Take a sheet of paper and at the top write: Lifetime Dreams & Goals
Write down all you would like to do or have in your life then
Spend at least an hour writing down the goals that really matter to you at this point in your life
- 2. Take a second sheet of paper call it: My 2011 Goals
Write down everything you want to achieve over the next 12 months
- 3rd page: My Monthly Goals
Write down all you want to achieve over the next 30 days
- Last Page: DSR ~ Daily Success Routine
Write down the top 7 most important things you want to achieve over the next 24 hours. ( make sure you allow some time for prayer in your daily schedule)
Your future success can be found in what you do every day. Your goals will change throughout your life as what you want today may not be what you want in 6 months time, so review your Lifetime dreams & goals plan often.
- give yourself 1 hour everyday in reviewing your plan
- Yesterday is history, so do not look back at past regrets or your previous dreams. There are better things to come in your future
- Others may not understand your dreams & goals….. don’t depend on them.
- Never make permanent decisions on temporary feelings
- Stay clear of relationships with people who do not respect your dream
- Be open to changes in your yearly goals.
There are always new experiences ahead, be aware of this. Make a plan, review and update it daily. It is what all Champions do….
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised